Quick Revision Series of Economic For SYBMS, SYBBI, SYBFM, SYBIM.
1 Introduction to Macroeconomic Data and Theory
1. What is Macroeconomics? Discuss the Scope and Importance of Macroeconomics.
2. Discuss the closed and open economy models of Circular flow of income
3. Write a short note on - conventional and Green GNP and NNP concepts.
4. State the Relationship between National Income and Economic Welfare.
5. Discuss the Features and Phases of Trade Cycles.
6. Elaborate the Keynesian Principle of Effective Demand.
2 Money, Inflation and Monetary Policy
1. What are the Determinants of Money Supply? Also state the Factors influencing Velocity of Circulation of Money
2. Discuss in detail the Classical and Keynesian approaches.
3. Elaborate the Keynes’ liquidity preference theory of interest.
4. Write a short note on Money and prices.
5. Discuss in detail the Demand Pull Inflation and Cost Push Inflation.
6. What is monetary policy? State the objectives and instruments of Monetary Policy.
3 Constituents of Fiscal Policy
1. Discuss the Role of a Government to provide Public goods.
2. What is Fiscal Policy? State the Objectives of Contra cyclical Fiscal Policy and Discretionary Fiscal Policy
3. Write a short note on - Canons of taxation.
4. What are the Factors influencing incidence of taxation?
5. State the Effects of taxation.
6. Discuss in detail the -Public Debt.
7. Write a short note on –Union budget.
4 Open Economy: Theory and Issues of International Trade
1. Elaborate the Ricardo’s Theory of comparative cost advantage.
2. Discuss the Heckscher – Ohlin theory of factor endowments.
3. What are terms of trade? State the Factors determining terms of trade.
4. Write a short note on -Foreign Direct Investment.
5. Write down the Merits of Foreign Direct Investment.
6. Discuss the Role of Multinational corporations.
7. Write a short note on - Balance of Payments. Write a short note on - Foreign Exchange and foreign exchange market.
8. Discuss the concepts of Hedging, Speculation and Arbitrage
9. Write a short note on -Fixed and Flexible exchange rates.
My Dear Students,
The questions given in the QUESTION BANK are the most important questions. The students are advised not to fully rely only on these questions. Students should also refer other questions to get the maximum marks.
Best of Luck for your Exams.