Question Paper Pattern
The following Question paper pattern is applicable for April 2019 examination of University of Mumbai.
|Q. 1 Objectives||(20 Marks)|
|Q. 1 (A) Attempt any 10 out of 12||(10 Marks)|
|Q. 1 (B) Attempt any 10 out of 12||(10 Marks)|
1. Objective questions includes Multiple Choice / True of False / Match the Columns/ Fill in the Blanks
2. From each module three questions will be asked for Q. 1 (A) & Q. 1 (B)
|Q. 2 Attempt any two out of three.||(15 Marks)|
|Q . 2 (A) Module – I|
|Q . 2 (B) Module – I|
|Q . 2 (C) Module – I|
|Q. 3 Attempt any two out of three.||(15 Marks)|
|Q . 3 (A) Module – II|
|Q . 3 (B) Module – II|
|Q . 3 (C) Module – II|
|Q. 4 Attempt any two out of three.||(15 Marks)|
|Q . 4 (A) Module – III|
|Q . 4 (B) Module – III|
|Q . 4 (C) Module – III|
|Q. 5 Attempt any two out of three.||(15 Marks)|
|Q . 5 (A) Module – III|
|Q . 5 (B) Module – III|
|Q . 5 (C) Module – III|
|Q. 6 Short Notes any 4 out of 6||(20 Marks)|
|Q . 6 (a) Module – I|
|Q . 6 (b) Module – II|
|Q . 6 (c) Module – III|
|Q . 6 (d) Module – IV|
|Q . 6 (e) Module – I/ Module - II / Module - III / Module - IV|
|Q . 6 (f) Module – I/ Module - II / Module - III / Module - IV|
Question BankFor Q.1
Unit 1- Product Planning and Pricing Decisions for Export Marketing
- Discuss the Planning for Export Marketing with regards to Product, Branding, and Packaging.
- State the Need for Labelling and Marking in Exports.
- Elaborate the Factors determining Export Price.
- List down the Objectives of Export Pricing.
- Discuss the following term -Free on Board (FOB), Cost Insurance and Freight (CIF) and Cost and Freight (C&F);
- Problems on FOB quotation. (Student should practice the Practical Problem on FOB as its scoring)
Unit 2- Export Distributions and Promotion
1. Discuss in detail the Factors influencing Distribution Channels.
2. Write a short note on - Direct and Indirect Exporting Channels.
3. Distinguish between Direct and Indirect Exporting Channels.
4. Elaborate the various Components of Logistics in Export marketing.
5. Discuss the Selection criteria of Modes of Transport.
6. What is the Need for Insurance in Export Marketing?
7. What are the different Sales Promotion Techniques used in Export Marketing.
8. State the Importance of Trade Fairs and Exhibitions.
9. What are the Benefits of Personal Selling?
10. What are the Essentials of Advertising in Export Marketing?
For Q. 4
Unit 3 -Export Finance
1. List down the different Methods of Payment In export marketing.
2. State the Procedure to open Letter of Credit.
3. List down the various Types and Benefits of Countertrade.
4. Write down the Features of Pre-Shipment and Post-shipment finance.
5. Discuss in detail the Procedure to obtain Export Finance.
6. Write down - Pre-shipment Finance V/s Post Shipment Finance.
7. Write down the Role of Commercial Banks in export finance.
8. Elaborate the role of EXIM Bank in export finance.
9. Discuss the role of SIDBI in financing exporters.
10. Role of ECGC in export finance.
For Q. 5
Unit 4- Export Procedures and Documentation
1. Explain the Registration with different authorities for export.
2. What is Pre-shipment Procedure involved in Exports?
3. State the Procedure of Quality Control and Pre-shipment Inspection.
4. What are the Shipping and Custom Stage Formalities?
5. Write a short note on - Role of Clearing & Forwarding Agent.
6. What is Post-shipment Procedure for Realisation of Export Proceeds?
7. Discuss the Procedure of Export under Bond and Letter of Undertaking. (LUT)
8. Write down the Importance of Commercial Invoice cum Packing list, Bill of Lading/ Airway Bill, Shipping Bill/Bill of Export, Consular Invoice, and Certificate of Origin
For Q. 6 (Short Note)
Refer the Questions given above.
The above Question Bank is Provided By ,
Prof. Savita Bodke.
Founder of ScoreAchievers.Com
MMS (Finance), M.Com (Accountancy), M.A (Economics), DFM, DBM, DTM, DBF, CPCM, NCFM, NISM.